Disabled Service Organization (DSO) is a non-profit making working with the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) of Doti district in Nepal. Carrying a goal to leading PWD towards equitable, independent, inclusive, and empowered society. DSO is implementing Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) project in Jorayal Rural municipality, Doti in partnership and technical support from United Mission to Nepal, Doti cluster.
Position: Project Coordinator – 1
Location: Jorayal Rural Municipality
DSO’s aim is to contribute to develop inclusive society, social justice, raising awareness on safe and secure communities for people/children with disabilities. The main purpose of this job is to educate, empower and enhance the capacity of persons with disabilities, their network, Disabled Rights Promotion Committee, Self-help Groups, child clubs and other relevant stakeholders.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in any appropriate discipline, with training on disability, disability inclusive DRR, gender concepts and Do No Harm.
2. Knowledge of local context on rural development, socio-economic, culture and political issues.
3. Minimum two years of working experience on disability, women’s groups and/or children with disability sector.
4. Knowledge and understanding on project report writing (English and Nepali), case stories, good interpersonal, effective communication, coordination, and rapport building with different local and district level stakeholders.
5. Good understanding on working with marginalized community people and inclusion issue.
6. A good trainer, mentor, and coach and eager to build a capacity and skills of group mobilization and empowerment.
7. Flexible in terms of work time, capacity to work on pressure to meet the deadline, travel and assign by the organization as per the requirement.
8. Willingness to learn and create a learning and sharing environment for empowering others and developing others’ strengths.
9. Social skills necessary to build effective working relationships with a broad range of people.
10. Good language in both Nepali and English and effective communication skills with computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Salaries and benefits will be according to the project provision and DSO Policy.
All interested individuals who meet the above criterions are encouraged to apply.
You can submit your written application, full CV, copy of Nepali citizenship and PP size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, or DSO office based in Silgadhi, Doti near Dipayal-Silgadhi Municipality office. It should reach to the recruitment panel of DSO by 5:00PM on Tuesday 6 July 2021 (2078 Asadh 22).
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
Especially encourage persons with disabilities, female and those belonging to marginalized and minority groups to apply.
Vacancy for PC CBR 2078 PDF