Disabled Service Organization (DSO) is a nonprofit making disabled people’s organization, which serves the People with Disabilities (PWD) of Doti district in Nepal, leading them towards equitable, independent, inclusive and empowered society. DSO is implementing Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) project in Jorayal Rural municipality, Doti in partnership and technical support of United Mission to Nepal Doti cluster.
Position: Project Coordinator (based in Jorayal Rural Municipality)
DSO’s key areas, and aims to contribute to inclusive society, social justice, raising awareness on safe and secure communities for people/children with disabilities. The main purpose of this job is to educate, empower and enhance the capacity of persons with disabilities, their network, disabled rights promotion committees’, self-help groups, child clubs and other stakeholders.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any appropriate discipline, with training in disability, disability inclusive DRR, gender concepts or Do No Harm.
• Knowledge of local context on rural development, socio-economic, culture and political issues.
• Minimum one-year experience of working in disability, women’s groups and/or children with disability,
• Knowledge and skills on project report writing, case stories, good interpersonal, effective communication, coordination and rapport building with different local and district level stakeholders.
• Good understanding of working with marginalized people and inclusion issue
• Good skills on conducting training, facilitation, group mobilization, and networking
• Flexible in terms of work time, capacity to work on pressure to meet the deadline, and travel
• Willing to learn, and create a learning environment for empowering others and developing others’ strengths
• Social skills for effective working relationships with a broad range of people
• Good language and communication skills both in Nepali and English, with skill on computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, typing both English and Nepali).
Salaries and benefits will be according to the Project provision/DSO Policy.
All interested and experienced individuals who meet above mentioned requirement are encouraged to apply.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, should reach the DSO, Doti office by 5:00PM on Monday 22 February 2021 (2077 Phagun 10).
We will not consider applicants who do not meet the dateline.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for the further assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from persons with disabilities, female and those belonging to marginalized and minority groups.